Thursday 4 September 2014

'Being John Malcovitch' - My thoughts.



The film 'Being John Malcovitch' reflects identity which is the project we're currently doing. At first, I didn't understand why we were watching this film and how it connected to our course, however, as the film progressed I understood how it linked to our project, Identity. The film reflects those who are insecure and unhappy with themselves, preferring much more to be in the skin of someone else, in this case, the successful actor, John Malcovitch. It portrays the idea that if we had the choice to live in the mind of someone else we admire, majority of us would pick to be another person rather than ourselves. The characters in the film who lived through the mind of Malcovitch felt more complete, in a sense that they felt more achievement and fulfillment with themselves in the body of someone else which is not their own. 

I enjoyed this film very much because it made me think, it made me think about myself and how I constantly criticize myself for example, my skin, hair, weight and etc. It's not healthy to degrade ourselves, we should be more optimistic and do things to help better ourselves. It's saddening to think that in real life there are actually people who live through the success and happiness of others. This film inspires me to do better and to achieve great things with my own body and soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment